Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Where there are wolves...

When I found out that Ye Olde Dragon Books was putting together a WEREWOLF-THEMED anthology I knew I wanted to have one of my stories included. The deadline was tight, so I was very excited when my entry, DOG BOY, was accepted!

Today, I'll talk about the MOONLIGHT AND CLAWS anthology!

This anthology has stories written by 17 different authors. Below is the blurb for the collection:

..................

The Wolfman.

Where does the Hollywood version end and folklore begin? What is the truth about the wolfman, the werewolf, the were, the lycan, the skinwalker and shapeshifter?

You know what? It doesn't matter!

Because here between these pages, we invite you to explore and enjoy and shiver and cry and laugh and cheer and sigh and even fall in love with the amazing imaginations of seventeen authors, who explore their own particular twists and turns and reflections on just what it means -- or could mean -- to be the Wolf.

Just which version do you believe in? Lost soul -- cursed victim -- avenger -- motherless child -- star-crossed lover -- lonely heart -- healer -- music lover -- loyal friend -- hero?
Which version of the Wolfman most resonates with you?

Open the book, explore, and find out.

He could be someone you know. He could be the "boy next door." He could be you …

.................

My story is flash fiction, which means it's somewhere between 1,000 words and 2,000 words long. 

The blurb for my story:

Sometimes boys don't cry wolf, because they ARE the wolf.

Below a short excerpt from my story, Dog Boy:

His hair stuck out in thick tufts, never combed or washed. His shirt had lost its color and its sleeves were gone, and I often wondered if he shivered while he tried to sleep. One night, when he and his pack of stray dogs were off prowling through alleys and along the riverbed, I crept out to his hiding place. I found a few toys lying about—a ragged, lopsided rabbit, most of the stuffing gone; a small truck, the paint almost completely worn off. There, I left an old blanket. And a Bible. I doubted that he could read, but I knew that if he could walk on two legs, then he had a soul.

And there was no doubt in my mind that he needed saving. 

You can purchase MOONLIGHT AND CLAWS in digital or print HERE.

Tomorrow, I'll tell you about the SECRET SANTA anthology.

No comments:

Post a Comment